Health Assessment (T)
This course covers holistic health assessment as the basis for nursing intervention and practice, interviewing skills, health history, physical examination, cultural variations and lab and diagnostic procedures. Concurrent enrollment in NSG 211A is required. This course is 30 contact hours.
- Comprehensively interview clients with the goal of obtaining a health history incorporating individual needs of the client.
- Identify elements of a comprehensive Physical Assessment on any client throughout the lifespan.
- Identify physical assessment and interview clients for special populations; Pregnancy, Pediatric, Aging and Functional Limitations.
- Identify expected normal findings while performing a Physical Assessment.
- Develop teaching and counseling strategies regarding health assessment for human beings across the life span.
- Discuss interventions used to assess health in various cultural/geographical groups.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.