Fundamentals of Health Coachin
Coaching fundamentals, including: coaching models, relationships, contexts, principles and practices. Students will demonstrate learning through reading of primary texts, virtual discussions of ideas presented in readings and related websites, and application of material via written work. Students will related past experiences to their future role as health coach.
- Demonstrate deepened listening skills.
- Evaluate coaching models and methods.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the coach/client relationship.
- Understand the connection between listening , story telling, nonverbal messages, and processing for meaning.
- Recognize how the use of coaching tools can target and facilitate growth in their coaching clients.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply health coaching tools to increase client fulfillment.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply health coaching tools to increase client balance.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply health coaching tools to increase client process.
- Combine listening, intuition, curiosity, and forward and deepening, to expand empathic accuracy for improved communication in their coaching practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the use of self management as a coach.
- Demonstrate an understanding of coaching the ‘whole person.’
- Define the connections between culture and belief systems.
- Recognize how to use self awareness tools to facilitate personal development and growth in self and in coaching clients.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.