The Clinical Hematology course will cover the diagnosis and management of blood cell disorders, anatomy and physiology of hematopoiesis, routine specialized hematology tests, analysis, classification, and monitoring of blood cell abnormalities.
- Differentiate various hematological procedures and the use of basic equipment essential to working in a Clinical Hematology Laboratory.
- Discuss differences between Quality control, Quality Assurance, and Continuing Quality Improvement principles as used in the Hematology Laboratory.
- Categorize various hematology analyses , operational principles of various hematology instruments, and troubleshooting of various instruments.
- Explain the principles and theories utilized in a variety of problem-solving situations.
- Differentiate various laboratory test findings with their associated clinical conditions.
- Identify the various skills necessary to perform blood counts, evaluate blood elements, and report results within the stated limits of accuracy.
- Describe the various components of blood ,their functions, and roles in various disease states.
- Know OSHA safety regulations for blood borne pathogens.
- Define testing suitability standards for Hematology specimens.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.