Public Health Program Develop
Development of community-wide interventions to promote health and prevent disease. Systematic design by application of the principles of epidemiology, health behavior and Evidence-Based Public Health. Includes Community-Based Participatory Research and investigation of ethical issues in conducting community-based public health programs.
- Assess the health needs of a community.
- Describe the 9 phases of the PRECEDE/PROCEED framework.
- Apply the PRECEDE/PROCEED framework for a health issue in a community.
- Describe the 6 steps of Evidence-Based Public Health.
- Apply the 6 steps of Evidence-Based Public Health to a health issue in a community.
- Describe Community-Based Participatory Research.
- Investigate the ethical issues involved in Community-Based Participatory Research.
- Critically evaluate the evidence that supports intervention choices for a health issue.
- Develop specific, measureable, attainable, realistic and time-framed process, impact and outcome objectives for a community health project.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.