Primary Care of Adult and Aged
Development of clinical decision-making skills. Focus is the delivery of comprehensive health care, including health promotion, health maintenance, and the diagnosis and treatment of common acute and chronic illnesses. Assigned readings, lectures, class discussion, and case studies are used as well as supervised practicum in multicultural practice settings. FNP 683A and FNP 683B must be taken concurrently and both completed satisfactorily to progress.
- Identify the role of the advanced practice nurse in the delivery of primary care in the United States.
- Examine relationships among cultural norms, health beliefs, health practices, and health indices of diverse ethnic populations in America.
- Assess patterns of human behavior correlated with the genesis of illness.
- Identify ethical and legal issues related to advanced practice nursing.
- Synthesize nursing, medical science, psychological and social science knowledge to build a foundation for advanced nursing practice.
- For selected health care conditions, identify and discuss normal variations and pathophysiology; diagnostic methods (including x-ray and laboratory tests), indications for referral and appropriate referral resources; and methods of management (including pharmacological, dietary, environmental, social, rehabilitative and counseling modalities) with an emphasis on preventive measures and optimum wellness.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.