Prepare students to perform the advanced practice roles of manager, clinician, educator, researcher and consultant in the provision of primary care services across the lifespan to under-served populations. FNP 685A and FNP 685B must be taken concurrently and both completed satisfactorily to progress.
- Demonstrate a high level of advanced nursing practice in conducting assessments, engaging in therapeutic reasoning, and arriving at diagnoses for individuals with stable, chronic or complex health problems.
- Explain the utilization of advanced independent nursing interventions when managing individuals with stable and/or chronic health states.
- Identify components of the peer review process.
- Employ increasing independence in clinical decision-making.
- Formulate plans with the interdisciplinary health care team in the management of clients with acute and chronic health problems.
- Analyze long term care data to develop a case management plan and evaluate outcomes and effectiveness of care.
- Illustrate professional development by initiating strategies for interdisciplinary team functioning with awareness of professional, ethical, legal and political issues.
- Evaluate outcomes and effectiveness of care.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.