Concepts of leadership related to current healthcare organizations. Communications – including public relations – team building, negotiation, and conflict resolution considered. Strategic aspects such as vision, viewpoint, and mission included. Managing uncertainty emphasized.
- Explain concepts of leadership in healthcare organizations.
- Evaluate leadership styles applicable to healthcare organization.
- Categorize the roles of power and politics in healthcare organizations.
- Describe contemporary leadership challenges in healthcare systems and organizations.
- Compare and contrast different methods of team building, negotiating, and conflict resolution.
- Design interpersonal and corporate communication strategies for healthcare organizations, including public relations and crisis communications plans.
- Commit to development of organizational viewpoint, vision, and mission.
- Analyze the influence of uncertainty on leadership functions and decision making.
- Assess human and material resources essential to successful project outcomes.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.