Presentation of healthcare service terminology and word forms. Includes language describing health and disease. Emphasizes development of medical vocabulary employing the building of terms for application in understanding and analysis of medical records.
- Define healthcare services terminology used by service providers.
- Identify terms commonly used in health services environments.
- Distinguish between terms appropriate to anatomy and physiology, drug classes, and diagnostic tests.
- Define commonly used abbreviations and symbols.
- Explain terminology used by healthcare managers, regulators, information systems experts, and healthcare financial professionals.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.