Healthcare Administration Agency Internship
Practical application of the knowledge and skills required for a healthcare administration professional in a healthcare agency. Students will be assigned to agencies according to their interests and the availability of an approved internship site. Two month requirement. Grading is by S/U only. Course is eligible for In Progress (IP) grade.
- Apply his or her acquired knowledge and skills to a supervised healthcare administration internship assignment within an approved healthcare organization/agency.
- Develop an Individual Student Learning Plan based on a self-reflection and team assessment of levels of professional competencies.
- Utilize effective communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain professional relationships with the healthcare organization/agency staff and the target stakeholders.
- Plan and complete one or more supervised applied project (s) related to healthcare administration in an approved healthcare organization.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional dispositions in all interactions within the internship placement.
- Write a summative reflective report of the internship experience demonstrating the successful integration of academic knowledge, skills, and dispositions.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.