Health and Safety
Focus is on health and safety management in the workplace. Emphasis is on how to protect employees, reduce illness and injury on the job, and develop a safety culture. OSHA required training, inspections, and postings and labeling will be explored.
- Locate and evaluate internet sites on health and safety in the workplace.
- Discuss the role of safety, health and environmental management in an organization.
- Discuss OSHA and Safety and Health Regulations.
- Develop a plan for employee training according to OSHA guidelines.
- Develop a plan for protection of employees according to OSHA guidelines.
- Discuss the role of the health department and other governmental agencies in inspection and oversight in business and industry.
- List ten potential food safety hazards found in any eating establishment.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 220,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.