Integrated Healing Modalities
A series of global healing modalities will be examined throughout this course. One key healing practice includes ayurvedic medicine and the role of doshas, causes of disharmonies and diseases, and treatment methods. Building on these healing traditions is a major section on Chinese medicine which includes accupuncture and the use of herbs. Other practices such as shamanism, Native American medicine will also be a learning element. Mind-Body practices will be reviewed.
- Examine the historical, philosophical, and cultural basis of various healing modalities.
- Compare the healing philosophy in Western medicine and traditional Chinese medicine.
- Compare the healing philosophy in Western medicine and ayurvedic medicine.
- Differentiate culturally embedded healing practices across societies throughout the world.
- Assess the use and outcome of these various modalities.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.