Health Education and Health Promotion
Focuses on health education, health promotion and clinical preventive services. Strategies for counseling and education, health education theories and practices, and development of learner-centered instructional strategies will be explored. The cost-effectiveness of clinical preventive services will be discussed.
- Conduct an appropriate needs assessment for a given client and/or community setting.
- Identify the major considerations that should be made before developing an educational objective.
- Write behavioral objectives in the cognitive, affective, and psychomotor domain for a given concept or content area.
- Apply appropriate theories and models in instructional strategies selection.
- Discuss the major considerations in selecting an educational strategy.
- Develop an appropriate unit of instruction for a given setting and population.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of different instructional strategies.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of distance education, including Internet, in health education.
- Discuss racial and ethnic disparities and health education and promotion strategies that might be used.
- Discuss strategies to enhance health education and prevention for special populations.
- Discuss the recommendations for clinical practice of preventive interventions such as screening tests, counseling interventions, and immunizations, and chemoprophylaxis.
- Discuss basic principles of epidemiology including morbidity, mortality, prevalence, and incidence.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.