Intro to HA HR Management
Concepts of human resources in healthcare organizations, such as training, motivation and direction. Elements of employee selection, compensation, financial incentives, work standards, and leadership principles in healthcare organization considered.
- Describe management of human resources within healthcare organizations.
- Trace the evolution of contemporary healthcare human resources management.
- Identify current trends and critical human resource management issues associated with various categories of healthcare professionals in healthcare organizations.
- List the social, legal, and economic environments impacting management of human resources in healthcare.
- Discuss various aspects of human resources management such as employee motivation, leadership development and practices, conflict resolution strategies, change management, and development of a customer-centered focus.
- Illustrate technical healthcare human resource management functions: including job design and analysis, staff recruitment and selection methods, employee training and development, performance management techniques, and principles of compensation and fringe benefit management.
- Review legal and regulatory issues involved in organized labor/collective bargaining units.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.