Designed to assist individuals to establish health behaviors for optimal physical, emotional, and sexual health and maintain a healthy environment.
- Identify risk behaviors that affect health.
- Discuss how the mind and body communicate and affect wellness.
- Identify strategies to reduce stress.
- Identify ways to manage a healthy weight including diet and exercise.
- Identify strategies to build healthy relationships.
- Identify how to protect against sexually transmitted disease and AIDS.
- Identify strategies to reduce or prevent disease.
- Understand how heredity affects the health of an individual.
- Explain drug use and abuse.
- Discuss how to make healthy decisions about health and health care.
- Identify alternative medicine and some of the strengths and weakness of each.
- Identify how to work toward a healthy environment to enhance health and well-being.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.