Principles of Anesthesia II
Exploration of anesthetic delivery to patients with increasing co-morbidities, advanced pathophysiology, and complex anesthesia needs. Airway management and regional anesthesia techniques are thoroughly covered. Anesthetic techniques for the specialty practice of cardiac, thoracic, and vascular anesthesia is analyzed.
- Design management care plans for specialty surgical areas.
- Develop plans of care and anesthesia management for major system compromise
- Evaluate the implications of anesthetic choice and technique on procedures requiring special anesthetic considerations.
- Appraise anesthetic complications and their treatment for various types of surgical procedures.
- Develop evidence based anesthesia practice in simulation laboratories.
High fidelity patient simulated delivery of anesthesia will be utilized during the course. The student is required to participate in all simulation activities.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.