Culture and Health
Focus is on the influence of culture on illness, health, and rehabilitation. The relationship that culture plays in the health and wellness of both individuals and the community in which they live will be explored.
- Identify and evaluate Internet sources on culture and health.
- Discuss the role of culture on health and wellness.
- Differentiate culture difference and similarities.
- Discuss the role of culture and mental health.
- Discuss the role of culture and physical health.
- Discuss the role of culture with prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation.
- Discuss culturally sensitive health issues.
- Discuss how global health affects health in the United States.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.