Innovative and best practice technology applications to support human health by individuals, professionals, care delivery organizations, and communities. Internet-based health resources, smart phone/mHealth applications, telehealth, and health-related social networks. Systems, standards, and policies to connect people and technologies securely across healthcare ecosystems.
- Describe health technology applications used directly by individuals, patients and families
- Identify Internet resources useful to health care consumers and professionals
- Compare mobile/smart phone/tablet applications and the implications for improving human health
- Discuss the integration and assimilation of technology into the health professional’s daily life
- Compare knowledge-based systems such as those used by physicians, nurses, and the health care team for decision-support, resource allocation, and communications
- Define terminology and standards for health information systems and technologies
- Discuss digital applications that support healthcare organizations such as lab systems, electronic prescribing and medication safety, digital medical imaging, and support of planning/documenting patient care
- Use a virtual electronic health record (EHR) and communication system to access and process simulated health information
- Describe administrative applications and policies commonly used in healthcare delivery
- Discuss information systems and technologies used to support community health
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 230,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.