Introduction to Epidemiology
Presents concepts and processes of this core public health discipline. Occurrence, distribution, effects, and control of diseases and conditions examined from a broad perspective. Applications of epidemiological methods included.
- Discuss the historical development of epidemiology.
- Discuss concepts and applications of epidemiology.
- Use population measures of health and disease.
- Discuss study designs used in epidemiology.
- Use risk assessment and preventive strategies.
- Define an epidemic.
- Locate and evaluate internet sites on epidemiology and health data.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.