Health Policy, Planning and Evaluation
Means for influencing social environments and public policy affecting public well being. Reaching identified target audiences through a variety of strategies examined. Successful communications and advocacy campaigns reviewed.
- Define concepts of communications and advocacy as they apply to public health.
- Describe the field of public health communications and advocacy.
- Distinguish between levels of commercial and social marketing, persuasive and propaganda communications, lobbying and advocacy.
- Evaluate major health challenges that can be favorably affected through communications and advocacy campaigns.
- Explain the range of strategies and techniques useful to communications and advocacy campaigns.
- Assess the interactions and interdependence of social and health systems influencing the initiation and successes of communications and advocacy campaigns.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.