Case and Outcomes Management
Focuses on case and outcomes management application to clinical practice. The case management and outcomes management processes, barriers, utilization review, legal and financial aspects of each and evidence-based healthcare will be explored.
Upon completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Discuss criteria such as effectiveness, safety, acceptability of a new test or treatment.
- Assess the quality of evidence from research findings.
- Determine if the results of research are applicable to the local population/clients.
- Compare and contrast integrated care pathways (critical care paths, care maps), clinical guidelines, protocols and standard order sets.
- Compare and contrast models for outcomes and case management.
- Discuss outcomes research methodology.
- Discuss commonly used quality management tools.
- Discuss cost-effectiveness of different technologies.
- Discuss how to create an outcomes oriented culture.
- Compare and contrast disease management, case management, and outcomes-based care.
- Analyze barriers to case and outcomes management.
- Develop a beginning resource data base for outcomes and case management within a selected health arena.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 220,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.