Introductory Nursing Management & Leadership Lab
This course covers practical application of skills and knowledge required to coordinate care for multiple patients in a multidisciplinary setting. Concurrent enrollment in NSG 340 is required. Clinical Lab is graded on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory basis based on successful completion of the course requirements.
- Observe nursing care delivery models within the hospital setting.
- Discuss the process of implementing case management and the expected cost control benefits of the model.
- Develop a case management plan for a selected client including a cost analysis of the planned care.
- Analyze and summarize the behavior patterns of effective leaders.
- Compare and contrast theories of decision making.
- Apply models of decision making.
- Analyze the culture of a selected organization and identify a set of management strategies for that setting.
- Summarize the advantages and outcomes of a computerized hospital information system.
- Compare and contrast strategies for identifying and measuring outcomes of nursing care.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.