Facilitate practicum experience of the PMHNP student with adults/aging adults in mental health care settings. Accurately assess, plan, intervene, and evaluate the care of adults/aging adults with mental illness. Perform the advance practice role of manager, clinician, educator, researcher, and consultant in the provision of mental health services. Required 240 preceptored/field experience clinical hours Grading is S/U only.
- Demonstrates an advanced level of nursing practice in conducting assessments, case formulation, differential diagnosis, arriving at diagnoses which leads to competent and effective treatment for adults/aging adults with mental disorders.
- Explain the utilization of advanced independent nursing interventions when managing individuals with stable and/or enduring behavioral health states.
- Formulate treatment plans with the interdisciplinary health care team in the management of clients with acute and enduring mental health problems.
- Illustrate professional development by initiating strategies for interdisciplinary team functioning confronting professional, ethical, legal and political issues.
- Use evidence based research materials to evaluate outcomes and effectiveness of care.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.