Health Needs of Vulnerable Populations
Considers population groups from different views: Biological, disease, educational, cultural, social, economic, political, geographic, age, gender, citizenship status, behavioral, and housing. Consideration of factors making certain groups vulnerable to premature and excess morbidity and mortality.
- Locate and evaluate internet sites on vulnerable populations.
- Describe the framework for defining and studying vulnerable populations.
- Discuss the demographics of vulnerable populations.
- Discuss the economic impact of health care for vulnerable groups.
- Discuss access to care for vulnerable populations.
- Identify programs and policies needed for vulnerable populations.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.