Advanced Pharmacology II
Second course of a two course series. Within each class of therapeutic drugs, the course examines clinical application, drug actions, interactions, reactions, and contraindications. The course will also include principles of prescribing and patient compliance.
- Appraise the primary pharmacokinetic mechanisms that underlie drug function.
- Evaluate the pharmacodynamics associated with individual drugs.
- Identify idiosyncrasies in specific pharmacological agents.
- Analyze drug classification categories and their anticipated effect.
- Examine pharmacologic prescription and/or dispensing laws and regulations for the advanced practice nurse.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.