Become authorized to provide reading assessment and reading and language instruction in response to those assessments by earning a Graduate Certificate in Reading and Literacy (Added Authorization) program. As a reading certificate holder, you will also be authorized to develop, implement, and adapt the reading content curriculum and assist classroom teachers in these areas. You may perform the above services at one or more school sites at the grade levels authorized by your prerequisite teaching credential.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Examine the theories and research related to effective reading and language arts instruction.
- Analyze current research on elements of an effective culture of literacy at the classroom, school, district, and community levels.
- Analyze current, confirmed, reliable and replicable quantitative and qualitative research pertaining to language and literacy instruction.
- Design appropriate assessment, instruction, and differentiation in the field.
- Evaluate the culture of literacy at a classroom, grade or school level, and identify how it supports or impedes students’ literacy development.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education