Expand your skill set with the Bachelor of Arts in Special Education with Nevada Teaching License. This program provides you with the knowledge and skills to pursue a career as a special education teacher. The program introduces you to essential knowledge and connections across the curriculum to support social/emotional thriving, meaningful academic achievement, and equitable and inclusive learning communities. The Bachelor of Special Education is aligned with a Nevada License for Generalist Resource Room. The program introduces candidates to connections across the disciplines, and application of knowledge to life beyond the University with a Nevada teaching license.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of typical and atypical development, and characteristics of students with disabilities and other special needs.
- Design the environment, teaching, and learning strategies that include fairness, equity, and access to meet the needs of diverse student learning.
- Apply best practice standards, learning theories, methodologies, technology, and assessments across content areas to manage, monitor, and engage student learning.
- Use technology, collaboration with other professionals, and systematic reflection of one’s own teaching practice to target student learning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective leadership by advocating for exceptional individuals, including those with diverse needs, and by collaborating within the professional education community.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education