Charter School Leadership Certificate
Dr. Donna Elder
Charter school administrators, board members, teachers, policy makers, and parents can learn what it takes to lead their schools to excellence through the Charter School Leadership program. Courses in the program cover: starting and sustaining a charter school, finance and facilities management, personnel management, and charter school leadership and governance.
This program is approved for ANSI/IACET Continuing Education Units.
Complete this program, and you will learn best practices related to successful charter school operations and understand the research-based issues that have been associated with unsuccessful charter schools.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this certificate program candidates will:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to make an application to start a charter school.
- Develop a fiscal plan for operating a charter school.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a supervision program for employees.
- Develop an effective recruitment, hiring and induction plan for employees.
- Develop a plan for instructional leadership in a charter school.
- Compare the legal requirements of a charter school to a public school
Who should enroll?
- School board members, administrators who seek ways to continually improve charter school performance
- Teacher leaders who aspire to charter school leadership
- Founding members of a charter school
To register for this program, please call 1-800-628-8648 and ask to speak to an advisor.