Spanish is one of the fastest-growing languages in the United States and is reflective of rich and enduring cultures. You’ll develop proficiency in writing, speaking, and understanding Spanish, and much more with the Bachelor of Arts in Spanish. When you major in Spanish education, your language skills will be enhanced and expanded with a deep understanding of the history, cultures, geography, literature, and politics of the Spanish-speaking regions.
With this knowledge in hand, you’ll be prepared to pursue a career in government, military, business, or education. During the program you’ll pursue a Preliminary California Single Subject Teaching Credential.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop oral, written, and reading proficiency in Spanish. Read and interpret representative texts and cultural productions in Spanish.
- Develop analytical and critical skills that build from textual, cultural, and linguistic analysis to the exploration of society.
- Translate and interpret to and from Spanish.
- Differentiate the major aspects of Latin American and Hispanic culture and civilization from pre-Columbian times to the present.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the history and culture of the Spanish speaking world.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education