Impact and enhance student learning experiences and explore the changes and opportunities that technology presents to modern education by pursuing a Master of Science in Educational and Instructional Technology. This degree program will prepare you with the skills and tools needed to succeed in this exciting field.
Throughout the Master of Science in Instructional Technology program, you’ll experience application of emerging technologies to resolve instructional problem, and learn to use their newfound knowledge and skills to improve instruction, whether in education, business, industry, or government. You’ll also receive extensive technical training and learn to integrate multimedia elements into simulations, virtual worlds, and learning objectives.
This learning technology degree opens the door for a career in education in K-12 technology coordination in public, private, home school, and virtual school instruction settings, including in online instruction in higher education.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply learning theory, instructional theory, and interactive communication theory using various technology methods across disciplines to prepare students for lifelong learning.
- Apply interdisciplinary elements from technology, psychology, and computer-assisted interactive communications.
- Construct an instructional module requiring students to use and display appropriate theories and methodologies to include literary and communicative skills.
- Present effective teaching methods for adult learners using available technologies.
- Develop the social, political, economic, and global implications of web-based instruction to include tools for group processes and collaboration.
- Demonstrate professional ethics as well as cultural and global awareness to be responsible citizens in a diverse society to include how technology education may contribute to each.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education