Graduate Certificate in US Education in a Global Context
These international education graduate certificate courses are designed for K-12 teachers, especially those who teach in the social sciences, foreign and second languages, language arts, math, and science. With a focus on global education, content offered in this global education graduate certificate program will provide practicing educators with advanced views on U.S. school practices based on analyses of international educational systems. Students will gain knowledge of issues affecting education, including socio-economics, culture, technology, as well as innovative approaches in teaching and learning. In addition, students will increase skills in implementing effective approaches and strategies that address the needs of contemporary school environments and diverse student populations. Educational administrators, policymakers, and international students would also benefit from participation in this program.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze the interdependence among socio-economic, political, geographic and technological factors at both national and global levels and appraise their impact on education and educational systems.
- Analyze the ways in which cultural, religious and linguistic factors affect countries’ choices of educational systems and educational priorities.
- Evaluate various international educational theories and practices using research and personal experiences in order to make improvements to current school environments.
- Synthesize new knowledge of innovative international educational systems, educational theories and practices, and develop practical recommendations for improving teaching and learning in US schools.
- Design effective organizational, technological or instructional applications to address challenges in the US professional educational environment.