Master of Science in Educational Administration with Nevada Endorsement as Administrator of a School Option (NEVADA ONLY)
This program is designed for students who are committed to improving education and who are interested in advancing their careers by becoming school site or district administrators. It can be completed with or without a license option for those pursuing a career in the nonpublic education sector. For those interested in pursuing a Nevada endorsement of Administrator of a School, please see the licensing section in the Catalog.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Create a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community.
- Develop a school culture conducive to student learning and staff professional growth.
- Analyze the organization, operations, and resources necessary to foster a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- Design a system of collaboration that includes families and community members, and responds to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizes community resources.
- Analyze aspects of professional and personal ethics that are conducive to leading a school or school system.
- Analyze the larger political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context that impacts a school or school district.
- Critically analyze a topic related to educational leadership through the lens of a researcher.
- Evaluate leadership within the lens of ethics and philosophy.
- EDA 673N Field Experience
- EDA 670N Introduction to Leadership
- EDA 677N Ethics & Philosophy of Leaders
- EDA 676N Community & Diversity
- EDA 674N Instructional Leadership
- EDA 671N School Law and Policy
- EDA 672N School Resource Management
- EDA 675N Supervision of Instruction
- ILD 625 Educational Research
- EDA 637 Action Research