This course introduces the characteristics of electromagnetic waves, wave propagation methods, electric dipole, oscillation, radiation and applications in modern wireless communications. Student will study different wave propagation methods including reflection, refraction, diffraction, scattering, antenna design, signal transmission and reception.
- Characterize electromagnetic wave properties.
- Analyze different wave propagation methods.
- Apply wave theory to solving electrical engineering problems.
- Apply radiation principles to determine the signal strengths at different location from the source.
- Design antenna for transmission and reception for radiation energy.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.