Master of Science in
Start sooner and finish faster with our innovative course design.
Our admissions team reviews applications year-round.
200k+ Alumni Worldwide
Become a member of NU’s global community.
Develop the leadership skills employers are looking for today with the online Master of Science in Organizational Leadership. The program provides you with the training you need to become an effective, change-oriented leader who achieves results. During the course of the program, you’ll follow a distinctive and challenging curriculum that integrates theory with practice, personal success with service to others, and information and technology with creativity, empathy, and democracy. You can complete the program in just 12-14 months and take courses 100% online if you choose.
The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accredits public and private schools, colleges, and universities in the U.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Distinguish between multiple approaches to exercising leadership in order to harness collective talent, promote innovation and confront complex issues within organizations.
- Interpret organizational dynamics, group dynamics and engage in systems thinking in order to promote the development of a learning organization capable of orchestrating conflict, creating innovation, and adaptation.
- Evaluate ethical issues and aid organizational members in creating ethical culture appropriate to the organizational and/or global arena that supports operating in environments of diversity, uncertainty and unpredictability.
- Distinguish between the functions of authority or power and the understanding of leadership and be able to apply diverse leadership skills, utilize frameworks in order to serve organizational purposes.
- Utilize emerging technology, presentation skills and communication both in face to face and virtual environments.
- Utilize dialogue and other forms of inquiry with groups and teams in order to create collective problem solving and strategic plans.
- Create frameworks to determine how decisions made might impact ethical culture, support sustainability practices and serve the organizational purpose.
- Identify quality scholarship and research and demonstrate the potential application of emerging leadership theory and knowledge to real world scenarios and simulations.
- Integrate knowledge and skills from multiple disciplines in order to utilize critical thinking, synthesize information, manage conflict, and create collective problem solving capacity.
Enrolling in a university is a big decision. That’s why our dedicated admissions team is here to guide you through the admissions process and help you find the right program for you and your career goals.
To that end, we’ve simplified and streamlined our application process, so you can get enrolled in your program right away. Because we accept and review applications year round, you can begin class as soon as next month, depending on your program and location of choice.
Learn more about undergraduate, graduate, military, and international student admissions, plus admissions information for transfer students. You can also learn more about our tuition rates and financial aid opportunities.
Why Choose National University
- Four-Week Courses
- 75+ Degree Programs
- Online or On-Site
- Year-Round Enrollment
- Military Friendly
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
“National University has impacted my career. You can immediately apply what you learn in class to your business.”
-Francisco R., Class of 2016
Key Grant Scholarship
Do you qualify for 50% tuition reduction? Learn more about the NU Key Grant and other scholarship opportunities to unlock the door to your dreams!
Successful completion and attainment of National University degrees do not lead to automatic or immediate licensure, employment, or certification in any state/country. The University cannot guarantee that any professional organization or business will accept a graduate’s application to sit for any certification, licensure, or related exam for the purpose of professional certification.
Program availability varies by state. Many disciplines, professions, and jobs require disclosure of an individual’s criminal history, and a variety of states require background checks to apply to, or be eligible for, certain certificates, registrations, and licenses. Existence of a criminal history may also subject an individual to denial of an initial application for a certificate, registration, or license and/or result in the revocation or suspension of an existing certificate, registration, or license. Requirements can vary by state, occupation, and/or licensing authority.
NU graduates will be subject to additional requirements on a program, certification/licensure, employment, and state-by-state basis that can include one or more of the following items: internships, practicum experience, additional coursework, exams, tests, drug testing, earning an additional degree, and/or other training/education requirements.
All prospective students are advised to review employment, certification, and/or licensure requirements in their state, and to contact the certification/licensing body of the state and/or country where they intend to obtain certification/licensure to verify that these courses/programs qualify in that state/country, prior to enrolling. Prospective students are also advised to regularly review the state’s/country’s policies and procedures relating to certification/licensure, as those policies are subject to change.
National University degrees do not guarantee employment or salary of any kind. Prospective students are strongly encouraged to review desired job positions to review degrees, education, and/or training required to apply for desired positions. Prospective students should monitor these positions as requirements, salary, and other relevant factors can change over time.