Sanford College of Education
Help fill the need for educators nationwide by earning a degree that prepares you for a rewarding and inspiring career. An education degree opens doors for new and established teachers, as well as administrative professionals. Learn effective communication skills, broad contexts for child-development, and different approaches to learning and teaching styles.
The Sanford College of Education at National University offers over 50 on-site and online programs in the areas of teacher education, special education, educational administration and school counseling and psychology. The college has earned accreditation from the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), recognizing its rigorous, evidence-based standards for teacher education programs.
On May 15-16, National University will host an accreditation visit by the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP). In preparation for the visit, the AAQEP Quality Review Team is soliciting public comment about the quality of educator preparation provided by [National University. All comments must be submitted by April 16, 2022 through the AAQEP website: Submit Comment.
Dean, Dr. Robert Lee
Choose from Our Departments Below
- Preliminary Education Specialist Authorization: Extensive Support Needs Teaching Credential with Internship option (California)
- Preliminary Education Specialist Authorization: Mild to Moderate Support Needs Teaching Credential with Internship option (California)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Early Childhood Education (BAECE)
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies With an Inspired Teaching and Learning Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential (California)
- Bachelor of arts in early childhood development with an inspired teaching and learning preliminary multiple subject teaching credential (California)
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master of Arts in Social Emotional Learning
- Master of Bilingual Education With a Preliminary Multiple or Single Subject Teaching Credential and Internship Option with Bilingual Authorization (Spanish) (CA)
- Master of Education in Inspired Teaching and Learning with a Preliminary Multiple or Single Subject Teaching Credential and Intern Option (CA)
- Master of Science in Designing Instructional and Educational Technology
- Master’s of Early Childhood Education
- K-12 Certificate in Multicultural Teaching: Asian American Studies
- Inspired Teaching and Learning with a Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- Inspired Teaching and Learning with a Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential and Internship Option (California)
- Inspired Teaching and Learning with a Preliminary Single Subject Teaching Credential
- Inspired Teaching and Learning with a Preliminary Single Subject Teaching Credential and Internship Option (California)
- Teacher Education Credential Programs
- Master of Science in Applied Behavioral Analysis Degree
- Master of Science in Educational Counseling with Internship Option (California)
- Master of Science in School Psychology with Pupil Personnel Services Credential (California)
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Pupil Personnel Services Credential School Counseling Credential with Internship Option (California)
- Pupil Personnel Services Credential School Psychology (California)
- Master of Science in Applied School Leadership (In Partnership with participating California County Offices of Education)
- Master of Science in Educational Administration with Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Option (CA Option)
- Master of Science in Higher Education Administration
- Clear Administrative Services Credential Induction Program
- Preliminary Administrative Services Credential (CA Option)
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.