ITM500 LAN and WAN Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mudasser Fraz Wyne
Course DescriptionThis course is designed to cover network architectures, technologies, protocols, interconnection of networks using bridges and routers, and network links using cable modems. It covers the implementation of Local Area Network (LAN) solutions and the Wide Area Network (WAN) hardware and software for client server architecture technology. This course focuses on the installation, security, and management of the LAN and the WAN and their connectivity to other systems and networks. The emphasis of this course is on hands-on configuration and implementation of the network.
- Evaluate network devices, their functions, and their operations.
- Evaluate the elements of the Network Development Life Cycle.
- Compare Local Area Network interface devices, cabling requirements, and installation procedures of computer networks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the technical and business characteristics of Wide Area Networks.
- Demonstrate the impact of distributed enterprise systems on the Information Technology industry.
- Evaluate the components of Network management systems, standards, and protocols.andlt;br type=andquot;_mozandquot; /andgt;