CSC252 Programming in C++
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ronald Uhlig
Course DescriptionFundamentals of Object-Oriented Programming in C++ including class definition and object instantiation, inheritance and polymorphism. Detailed coverage of exception handling, operator overloading, I/O and file streams, templates, and the Standard Template Library (STL). Exposure to Data Structures and basic algorithms for sorting and searching.
- Develop and code object-oriented C++ programs.
- Develop C++ classes that utilize data abstraction, encapsulation and inheritance.
- Perform simple file I/O streams.
- Analyze and model classes and their relationship.
- Apply recursion.
- Implement basic sort and search algorithms.
- Describe and apply polymorphism.
- Design, develop, and use overloaded operators.