Dr. Mohammed M. NadeemSchool of Business and Management
Marketing and Management
Dr. Nadeem is a Fulbright Scholar, Professor of Marketing / Management & an International Speaker on Strategic & Global Marketing Management/Leadership focused on linking business strategy to marketing strategy with Customer Intimacy / Consumer Behavior from a Digital Marketing / Social Media perspective. Professor Nadeem believes in preparing leaders to contribute lasting value to all types of organizations, in all sectors, and wherever there are opportunities to make a positive difference for business and society. Dr. Nadeem's research explores customer loyalty and satisfaction issues, and how social media impacts the decisions of consumers, and how firms can market their products and services more successfully.
Dr. Nadeem teaches graduate courses in---Marketing Management/Leadership, Global Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Strategy, Multi-Cultural Marketing, Marketing in Emerging Economies and Case Method Workshops. Professor Nadeem's research has won several awards including the President's Distinguished Teaching Award, Distinguished Scholarship Award, prestigious Professoriate award and Best Research Paper Award. Professor Nadeem serves as a reviewer for AMA & ACR and has consulted for clients in Education and High-tech industries in US & Middle East (Kingdom University, Bahrain; and Saudi Arabia, MILE, Qassim University & Jazan University). Dr Nadeem has worked as a Program Manager of Marketing and Business Development for over ten years at Lockheed Martin and Western Digital Corporations, Silicon Valley, CA.
Dr. Nadeem holds PhD (Business) from UIU, Cincinnati, Ohio and PDP (Marketing) from Harvard University and Professional Development coursework (Marketing) from Stanford University. Professor Nadeem has served as Academic Program Director of Marketing and on the Faculty Senate, Graduate Council and Research Council of National University. He is a US Citizen and lives with his wife and children in Santa Clara, California.
On Google Scholar & ResearchGate:
Awards & Grants
• 2015 Award: Presidents Annual Distinguished Teaching Award, National University.
• 2014 Award: Shield of Honor for Scholarly Contribution & Case Study Workshop Award, International Research Conference (IRC), Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
• 2014 Award: Ten Years of Service Award - National University.
• 2013 Grant: Fulbright Scholar (Specialist) - Department of State - Washington DC.
• 2012 Award: Best Paper Award - International Conference on Business Intelligence, Analytics and Knowledge Management (BIAKM-2012) – Indian Business School, Hyderabad, India.
• 2009 Award: President's Professoriate Award – National University.
• 2007 Award: Annual Distinguished Scholar of the Year Award - Research Council, National University.
Thesis Report Examiner:
• Ph.D. Thesis - External Evaluator, Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), India - 2016 - Present.
• Case Method – Teaching & Writing Workshops.
Online Learning Management System:
• Blackboard, eCollege, iLinc, WebCT, and LEARN (Moodle).
• Nadeem, M. (2018, February). Understanding Digital Value. Speech presented at the National Research Conference, Digital Innovation, Meeting the Business Challenges, Digecon 2018, Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad, India. DOI 10.13140/RG.2.2.31165.15842. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/323377535_Understanding_Digital_Value
Selected Journal Publications
• Nadeem, M. (2017). Bitcoin’s “Pygmalion Effect”: Social Entrepreneurs are a bit-curious in marketing a special kind of property! International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 7, (1), 809-820. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/322330148_Bitcoin's_Pygmalion_Effect_Social_Entrepreneurs_are_a_Bit_Curious_in_Marketing_a_Special_Kind_of_Property
• Nadeem, M., Woszczyna, K. S. (2016). Multi-level Approach to the “Social Marketing” Context for Innovation: Impact on Organizational Relationships, International Journal of Marketing Studies, 8(2), 24-37. http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ijms/article/view/57792
• Nadeem, M. (2015). Employee’s (Happy) Branding Corporates ‘Social’ Reputation: Can You Put a Price on That? International Journal of Marketing Studies, 7 (6), 116-129. http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ijms/article/view/53926/29638
• Nadeem, M. (2015). Customer Loyalty at Any Cost: Why Is SM Poorly Integrated with Marketing Strategy? International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 59(2), 78-97. http://hrmars.com/hrmars_papers/Customer_Loyalty_At_Any_Cost_Why_Is_Social_Media_Poorly_Integrated_With_Marketing_Strategy.pdf
• Nadeem, M. (2015). Chief Marketing “Analytics or Digital” Officer [CMO]: Is the “Big Data” Alone Adequate for Firm’s Customer Retention & Return on Investment? British Journal of Marketing Studies, 3(8), 17-33. http://www.eajournals.org/wp-content/uploads/Chief-Marketing----Analytics-or-Digital----Officer-CMO.pdf
• Nadeem, M. (2013). Emerging Markets: Maximize Shareholder Value or Corporate Sustainability? International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 3, (5), 91-107. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/269039307_Emerging_Markets_Maximize_Shareholder_Value_or_Corporate_Sustainability
• Nadeem, M. (2012). Returning Customer: Was That a Planned Purchase? Skyline Business Journal, 7, (1), 11-17. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/269693343_Returning_Customer_Was_that_a_planned_purchase
• Nadeem, M., (2012). Social Customer Relationship Management (SCRM): How connecting social analytics to business analytics enhances customer care and loyalty? International Journal of Business and Social Science, 3, (21). https://www.researchgate.net/publication/269039312_Social_Customer_Relationship_Management_SCRM_How_connecting_social_analytics_to_business_analytics_enhances_customer_care_and_loyalty
• Nadeem, M. (2009). Purchasing Equals Happiness Equals Giving: How do you plan to spend your weekend? The Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge, Vol. 15, No. 1, September 2009. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/269106025_Purchasing_Equals_Happiness_Equals_Giving_How_Do_you_Plan_to_Spend_Your_Weekend
• Nadeem, M. (2008). Influence of Public Policy on Governance: Is there a Role for Shareholders as Stakeholders. The Journal of Global Business Issues, Special Edition. Spring 2008. p. 35. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/269105852_Influence_of_Public_Policy_on_Governance_Is_there_a_Role_for_Shareholders_as_Stakeholders
• Nadeem, M. (2007). Customer-Choice in Globalize e-Marketing: Why Crafting and Executing Ethics Matters for Trusted Online Transactions. Journal of Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review, Vol. 3, No. 2. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/269106759_Customer-Choice_in_Globalize_E-Marketing_Why_crafting_and_executing_ethics_matters_for_%27trusted%27_online_transactions
• Nadeem, M. (2007). Post-Purchase Dissonance: The Wisdom of the ‘Repeat’ Purchases. Journal of Global Business Issues, Vol. 1, Issue 2. (Highly cited article by consumer behavior marketing scholars. [cited in 2009 textbook by Pearson Publishing: Consumer Behavior 10e by Schiffman/Kanuk]. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/269096050_Post-Purchase_Dissonance_The_Wisdom_of_the_%27Repeat%27_Purchases
• Nadeem, M. (2007). Emergence of Customer-Centric Branding: From Boardroom Leadership to Self-Broadcasting. The Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge, Vol. 12, No.1. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/269097279_Emergence_of_Customer-Centric_Branding_From_Boardroom_Leadership_to_Self-Broadcasting
• Nadeem, M. (2006). How Leadership Results in Return on Customer, and Customer Lifetime Value. The Business Review, Cambridge, Vol. 6, No.1. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/269105886_How_E-Business_Leadership_Results_in_Customer_Satisfaction_and_Customer_Lifetime_Value
• Nadeem, M. (2006). Maximizing Return on Investment in a Global Market: Who is adding value by connecting people (customers), technology, and processes. Journal of Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review, Vol. 1, No. 1. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/240749899_Maximizing_Return_on_Investment_ROI_in_Global_Market_Chief_Knowledge_Officer_CKO_Adding_Value_by_Connecting_People_Technology_and_Processes
School of Business and Management