FIN451 Real Estate Finance
Lead Faculty: Dr. Gurdeep Kumar Chawla
Course DescriptionForms of ownership and investment in real estate are examined. In particular, the course includes discussion of markets and methods of financing real property. The impacts of federal taxation on financing residential and commercial real estates are also discussed. Real estate finance topics are covered both from the perspective of borrowers and lenders.
- Integrate Real Estate Financial Leverage with Financing Alternatives.
- Define and discuss legal considerations in Real Estate Finance.
- Compare and contrast different methods of financing residential properties.
- Integrate Income Producing Properties with Valuation Fundamentals.
- Compare various techniques of financing project development and Land Development Projects.
- Analyze Real Estate Capital Markets and Securities, such as various Pass-Through Securities, Collateralized Mortgage Obligations, Real Estate Investment Trusts and Derivative Securities in the context of Portfolio Performance Considerations.
- Explain the process of management of interest rate risk.
- Compare and contrast various approaches of Disposing and Renovating Income Properties.