TMG640 Managing Technology Change
Lead Faculty: Dr. Shekar Viswanathan
This course provides students with skills and knowledge that will help them introduce new technology or continuous improvement initiatives smoothly and effectively. During this course, students learn a structured approach for dealing with the organizational and human aspects of technology transition, including the key concepts of change management, communication, and managing resistance.
- Describe the key concepts of organizations and their structure and systems.
- Compare and contrast the theories and the experience of change, for both individuals and for organizations.
- Identify and describe the role of Leadership in organizational and technological change.
- Develop a plan to prepare for change and to meet change resistance.
- Evaluate the functions, roles, management, and risks of technology in organizations.
- Describe the impact of organizational culture and environment on technology change management.
- Explain the role of ethics, rights, responsibilities, and values in technology change and organizational strategy.
- Analyze the influence of individuals, groups, teams, systems and structure in organizations, and their roles in organizational change.
- Distinguish the roles and impacts of management and leadership in technological change.