MGT606 Service Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ramon Corona
This course provides a survey of the different types of services provided by organizations. Topics include similarities and differences between production of services and production of products, the wide variety of services produced, proportion of organizations' offerings that are services, and accountability and quality of services.
- Contrast the approaches to service management in different countries.
- Distinguish among a variety of types of service.
- Specify the processes that consistently create higher quality service levels.
- Predict the impact of various levels of service on customer satisfaction.
- Assess how services levels within the value chain, especially when outsourced, impact achievement of organizational objectives.
- Evaluate service levels both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Judge the people and technical systems that produce the service.
- Build an effective service delivery system.
- Evaluate the ethical issues associated with specific service management decisions.