MKT446 Introduction to Services Mkt
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ramon Corona
This course examines services marketing as distinct and separate from product marketing. Discussions focus on the theory and practice of designing and developing service marketing strategies for segmented populations. Emphasis is placed on positioning various types of services through added value and immediate response using technology to communicate effectively in a global market.
- Define and distinguish services marketing from product marketing.
- Evaluate the importance and effectiveness of service marketing in a service-based economy.
- Analyze customer expectations and perceptions of service quality and response.
- Describe the standards of service needed for building customer relationships.
- Explain the different approaches for pricing services and communicating service value.
- Develop a plan for marketing services to a specific segmented population.