MKT434 Intro to Market Research
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ramon Corona
Course DescriptionA course that gives the student an overview and practical application of contemporary methods for gathering, analyzing, and preparing market research for use in marketing decision making. It focuses on defining organizational information needs and designing appropriate research methods to obtain it. Specific topic areas include qualitative and quantitative research methods, secondary research, internal market intelligence systems, and data analysis.
- Discuss the impact of the Internet on marketing research.
- Discuss the use of market research in an organization.
- Develop a research program appropriate to diverse market segments.
- Design and conduct a market research study.
- Use research findings for decision making.
- Present research findings in a appropriate format.
- Analyze current legal and ethical standards of practice in marketing research.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major marketing concepts in writing and orally. using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.