BIM600 Human-Computer Interaction
Course DescriptionThe theory and practices of Human-Computer Interfaces (HCI) from information systems angle are discussed. Various industry and web HCIs designs will be evaluated from the user-centered perspective utilizing information systems. Rapid prototyping and comparative evaluation of design are essential parts of this course. In addition, usersandamp;#8217; expectation of interface design, interaction and usability components and user-centered HCI evaluation and development will be covered.
- Analyze Human-Computer Interaction principle and designs in Information Systems.
- Compare various HCI designs to gain knowledge on user-centric interfaces.
- Evaluate the Internet sites considering; usability and user appreciation designs.
- Appraise social websites such as; facebook, linkedin, twitter or others from user-centric and HCI viewpoint.
- Construct conceptual basis to design HCI that includes: problems, goals, user interaction style, as well as user-centric interface design.
- Apply Information Systems tools to prototype the end-user design.
- Develop end-user interfaces incorporating problem solving solutions in HCI.