LED480 Research for Leaders
Lead Faculty: Dr. Julia L. Buchanan
This course should be taken toward the completion of the BSOL course work, as it allows the student to develop strategies in identifying and interpreting quality research. The study of leadership involves both qualitative and quantitative research which informs effective leadership in an ever-changing and global business environment.
- Evaluate current research on theories of leadership in organizations.
- Identify components of quality research, qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Identify components of authority, power and formal/informal leadership identified and demonstrated in research.
- Evaluate ethics in leadership studies and within case studies and hypothetical situations.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major leadership concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use online resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
- Assess strengths and weaknesses of problem statements, research questions and hypothesis.