LED470 Classic Studies of Leadership
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michelle C. Browning
The historical context of classic leadership studies will be examined including emotional intelligence, trait theories, personality studies and the emergence of leadership theory. Students will explore the research on leadership that has impacted the development of leadership studies and the understanding of power, authority and influence. This course will aid in preparing students for LED 480 and LED 490.
- Identify and explain significant studies contributing to leadership theory.
- Review the classic research and significant contributions to the understanding of leadership.
- Identify components of research including strengths and weaknesses of scholarly research versus wisdom literature on leadership.
- Analyze and discuss conclusions and recommendations from leadership research.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major leadership concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.