LED460 Ethics and Decision Making
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michelle C. Browning
Examination of the many components that influence decision-making by leaders, including cultural relativism, legal responsibilities, prescriptive approaches and universal principles. The potential impact of decisions on the organization and transparency in the decision making process, ethical frameworks and hypothetical situations will be reviewed.
- Compare and contrast approaches to decision making.
- Differentiate between authority, power and leadership in decision making frameworks.
- Apply leadership decision making strategies in organizational settings to create the ethical organization.
- Evaluate ethical concerns in leadership within groups, teams and diversity.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major leadership concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use online resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.