LED410 Leading Diverse Groups & Teams
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michelle C. Browning
Examination of the application of leadership theory to groups that are diverse in gender, ethnicity, education, and functional expertise. The role of the leader in establishing effective collaboration among members; the decision making process and power will also be examined.
- Define and analyze the impacts of diversity in groups, teams and organizations on leaders.
- Identify and discuss the special challenges created by diversity within groups, teams and organizations and between leaders, shared leadership and group dynamics.
- Discuss the role of leaders in assisting group, team or organizational members in working effectively with diversity.
- Evaluate ethical concerns in leadership within groups, teams and organizations.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major leadership concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use online resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.