LED400 Introduction to Leadership
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michelle C. Browning
Course DescriptionExamination of core issues in the practice of leadership. Identification of differing theories and styles of collaborative, integrative organizational leadership and comparison to authoritarian or management by edit within the organizational context.
- Compare and contrast basic theories of leadership.
- Differentiate between formal and informal authority, power and leadership.
- Define a personal leadership style and approach.
- Explain the components of the learning organization, and how to create a community of leadership.
- Apply leadership strategies in organizational settings.
- Evaluate ethical concerns in exercising leadership.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major leadership concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.