HRM409B Survey in HRM & OD
Lead Faculty: Dr Bernadette Baum
Course DescriptionThe course provides an overview of human resources management and organizational development activities including employment, interviewing, career systems, compensation, benefits, training, organizational change, performance evaluation, discipline and employee assistance, labor relations, affirmative action and equal employment opportunity considerations, and health and safety.
- Identify the various human resources functions.
- Complete a rudimentary job analysis process.
- Identify key legal constraints and concerns for HR professionals.
- Identify and describe three methods of selecting employees.
- Identify and describe five methods of appraising employees.
- Identify and describe key issues in the motivation and compensation of employees.
- Identify and describe key elements to a successful discipline process.
- Identify and describe common components of employee assistance programs.
- Identify and describe key elements in health and safety programs.
- Identify and describe common dynamics in management/labor relations.
- Identify and describe common concerns in organization development.