At National University, we understand it’s not always easy to make the transition from military life to student life. That’s why we established the Veteran Center – to support that transition and to give you the guidance you need to acclimate to your new surroundings and successfully earn your degree.
You’ll find more than just a wealth of helpful information here. You’ll find a community – a place to make lifelong connections with other military students and staff, who will cheer you on from your first day to graduation, and beyond.
Located at the Spectrum campus in Kearny Mesa, the Veteran Center offers a number of services tailored to your unique needs, including:
- Quarterly student orientations connecting you with staff members from all departments – from faculty and student services to financial aid and career services
- Dedicated military transition coach who will work with you one-on-one to assist with your transition and provide regular check-ins
- Veteran Fellows Program with monthly engagement activities to give you the opportunity to meet other student veterans
- Work-study opportunities that allow you to maintain a part-time job and stay on track for school
- Connections to community veteran resources that provide support outside the classroom
- Veteran Center Lounge where you can meet for study groups and grab a cup of coffee
- Mentoring opportunities, including strengths assessments, development workshops, and networking opportunities
The Veteran Center also serves as the point of contact for information about the National University Student Veteran Organization (NUSVO), providing opportunities for student veteran professional development and leadership.
If you’re not in the area, we can be reached remotely via phone, email, or live chat, so you’ll always have access to the support you need.
National University Veteran Center
Spectrum Campus, Room 171
9388 Lightwave Avenue
San Diego, CA 92123-1426